When joining a new organisation the team culture is an important factor in your decision. Read our people's stories and find your future in Norfolk.More
Are you a newly qualified social worker?
Here at Norfolk County Council, we offer newly qualified social workers a programme of support and learning through the Norfolk Institute for Practice Development to prepare you for the challenging world of social work.
How does it work?
You will be placed from the beginning of your ASYE journey in a fieldwork team in one of our six localities. Each locality will have a dedicated Practice Consultant whose role will be to act as your Assessor and to support you throughout the year.
You will receive a training calendar for the year and will be given the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the Norfolk Social Care Academy and our partnership with the UEA in increasing your knowledge and skills. You will also benefit from protected development time throughout the whole of your ASYE.
In addition to being a member of the NIPE you will also be an active member of the fieldwork team that you are placed in. You will have a protected caseload and will receive regular supportive and reflective supervision on both an individual and group supervision basis.
We have a proven track record of investment in newly qualified workers and are determined to help you to become the best social worker that you can be.
We will expect a lot from you, but in return you can also expect a lot from us. Several of our original NIPE members are Senior Social Workers and Managers now.
As part of the Norfolk Institute for Practice Excellence (NIPE) you can also expect:
- Planned workload and experiences to both broaden and deepen your knowledge and expertise
- An opportunity to work across Children’s Services Social Care to enable you to understand how it all fits together
- Excellent Post Qualification opportunities
- A staff team who will welcome you and be there to help you settle in
- Access to expert practitioners who can help you achieve the best outcomes for the children and families you work with
- Excellent links to the UEA and City College Norwich
For informal enquiries about our ASYE programme please contact Peter Hurst, County Team Manager, Norfolk Institute for Practice Excellence. Telephone: 01553 614881 or Mobile: 07990 780383.
To be eligible to apply for the Norfolk Institute for Practice Excellence (NIPE you must;
- Be nearing successful completion or have already qualified as a Social Worker
- In the process of applying for your HCPC registration or have already obtained your registration (this will need to be in place before you commence employment with Norfolk County Council)
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying to join our NIPE programme please click here to apply